Having served as Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner since 2012, I have the experience and proven track record to continue making a difference to policing in our county.
As PCC, I have robustly held the police to account on behalf of residents, successfully supported victims of crime and invested heavily in frontline policing. Achievements so far include:
- The biggest rise in police officer numbers with more now than when I was re-elected in 2016
- Restored neighbourhood policing and recruited more PCSOs
- Established a ground-breaking early-intervention scheme REBOOT for 11-17 year olds
- Delivered on rural and business community crime concerns, with a dedicated Rural Crime Team and Sussex Safer Business Partnership
- Ensured Sussex Police treat road safety and antisocial behaviour seriously
- Directed £ millions of pounds to support victims of crime, divert young people from harm and helped communities protect themselves
To ensure More Police and Safer Streets, if re-elected I will continue to deliver my 6 point plan:
- Cut crime, catch more criminals, fight drugs gangs and reduce re-offending - making everyone safer
- More police - 379 more police officers and a named PCSO in your community
- Action on rural crime, including a dedicated rural crime team
- Invest in roads policing to tackle anti-social driving
- Make shops and businesses safer places to work and visit
- Support victims of crime, especially our elderly and young and protect our most vulnerable from all forms of abuse.
This election matters. The PCC is responsible for setting the £310 million budget, has powers to appoint and dismiss the Chief Constable and must ensure residents' views are represented when setting policing priorities. We've made real progress to deliver - let's not put that work at risk now.
To read my full manifesto for the 2021 Sussex PCC election, please click here